The Greater Severna Park Athletic Association is a non-profit youth sports organization offering eleven different sports. Programs range in age from 5 to 18---age range will vary per sport (see specific sports page for details). The number of active families exceeds 4,000, with total player participation exceeding 5,000.
With the magnitude of our programs, we are always in need of volunteers. The board of the GSPAA recognizes the ongoing concern regarding the potential harm to children from unscrupulous persons drawn to youth activities. The board recognizes its responsibility to take actions to limit the risk to children participating in GSPAA activities. Please read the GSPAA Board Policy Regarding Background Checks for ALL Persons Supervising Children.
There are many areas, where your contribution will be appreciated:
If you would like to volunteer, please use online registration form.
- Coaching---Our foremost need for volunteers is at the coaching level -- head coaches as well as assistant coaches. You can volunteer to coach at the walk-in registrations or contact commissioners in your sport. Your willingness to donate your time as coach or assistant will provide immeasurable benefits to our youth. Please read our Volunteer Coaching Policy.
- Equipment and Uniforms---Help is always needed in the distribution and collection of equipment and uniforms.
- Fundraising---Sports do a great deal of fundraising to supplement their programs. Ideas, and more importantly, active participation will be welcomed with "open arms."
- Scoring and timers---most sports need assistance in these areas.
- Sports Councils---most sports have established Sports Councils, which govern the implementation of their sport. Areas of involvement include: sports registrar, field coordinator, equipment coordinator, rules interpretation chairman, fundraising coordinator, player development coordinator, club program director, and select program director.
Green Hornets Home